Flanders Electric, Inc. was started in 1932 as Newcomb Electric. Edward H. Newcomb worked for Central Maine Power Company wiring homes. CMP stopped offering the service of wiring homes and that is when Edward started his own business out of his home on Alpine Street in Norway, Maine.
In 1967 Charles J. Flanders, whom had worked for Edward for several years decided that he and his wife, Mary would purchase the business. Charles and Mary moved the business to their home at 16 Danforth Street in Norway, Maine.
In 1977 they moved the business to 30 Highland Avenue in Norway, Maine. On July 1, 1981 Charles incorporated the business as Flanders Electric, Inc. Charles and Mary retired in 1986 and the business continued as Charles sold it to his son, Leslie and daughter in-law Carol Flanders on December 24,1986. Leslie and Carol moved the business to their home at 50 Beal Street in Norway, Maine, where it has since grown and flourished.
Leslie retired in the summer of 2007, however Flanders Electric will continue as he sold the business to Heath Poland on September 1, 2007. Heath started his electrical career with Flanders in June of 2000. For the year prior to purchasing the business, Heath was the general manager allowing him to see the day to day operations of the business before taking it over. Heath plans on providing the same exceptional service that people in the Oxford Hills area have come to expect with the Flanders Electric name. Good luck and congratulations.
For more information about Flanders Electric, please contact us today.